Saturday, March 17, 2007

McDonalds Premium Coffee Review

McDonalds and premium coffee are two words that I would have never associated together. However, after McDonalds has sat and watch Starbucks take the world by storm with its premium coffee, they recently decided to launch their own premium coffee and get in on the action. So I decided to take the plunge and order myself something that I never thought I would order from McDonalds - premium coffee!

My McDonalds premium coffee review:
Well, considering the old McDonalds coffee tasted like scalding hot mud, it didn't really have to try that hard to get better. But I must say, I was pleasantly surprised - and this is coming from someone who drinks a lot of Starbucks and premium coffees in local coffee shops. It actually had a reasonable 'roasted' flavor to it, although it tasted a little watery still. And the main problem with McDonalds premium coffee? The fact that you can't actually drink it for 10/15 mins unless you have a heat resistant tongue. Yes, its that damn hot. It is much cheaper than Starbucks though - only $1.09 for 12 ounces (a Starbucks 'tall' size) - Starbucks charges $1.50-75 for the same size.

Overall, McDonalds premium coffee still doesn't compare to a good Starbucks Sumatra or Verona blend, but I personally thought it was better than the very over-rated Dunkin Donuts coffee, which seems to have got a cult following on the east coast. And its light years ahead of McDonalds old coffee, and that crap they serve for coffee in other fast food restaurants like Jack in the Box or Carls Jr. Good job Ronald - how about making all your burgers 'premium' too next ;)

Rating: 7/10 (i'm 'kinda' lovin' it I guess)

No comments: