Friday, December 22, 2006

An Englishman in (Christmas) New York

Well, today I had a great cup of coffee. In fact, it was the best cup of coffee in... New York! (according to citysearch.com last year!). Yep, you guessed it, I am in New York for the holidays, visiting some of my american family that live out there. I was shopping in greenwich village and though, hmm, i really need a java fix and first of all thought that i just should find a starbucks - then i thought to myself 'am i crazy?? go find a cool coffeeshop!' So i asked in bleeker street records and 3 staff there told me unanimously to go to the 'grey dog' coffeeshop just around the corner - and they weren't wrong - it was great! so i sat there and wondered, one day, hopefully coffeeshopcritic will have an NYC version, so i can give the 'grey dog' a great review!

No comments: